2022-01-16

Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad

 

I'm not sure why I was craving this salad recently, but it may have been the rainbow carrots I bought for a holiday recipe and didn't use.  I've adapted this recipe from several different ones I reviewed--partly to fit my taste, but mostly according to ingredients on hand. It was sweeter than I expected, but I was very happy with the result.

Carrot Raisin Pineapple Salad

Ingredients
  • 1 can/12 oz. of Pineapple tidbits, drained w/juice reserved
  • 1/2 cup Raisins (golden raisins recommended)
  • 1 lb Carrots, washed, ends removed (rainbow carrots recommended)
  • 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Pineapple Greek Yogurt
  • 1/2 tsp grated Ginger
  • 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
  • 1 TBL Granulated Sugar
  • Salt to taste
  • Lemon Zest (optional)
Directions
  1. Drain pineapple and add to medium bowl; reserve juice in a small bowl 
  2. Soak raisins in reserved pineapple juice
  3. Grate carrots into bowl w/pineapple bits
  4. Add raisins to carrots/pineapple, discard juice
  5. In a small bowl, combine mayo, yogurt, ginger, lemon juice, and sugar
  6. Combine with carrot mixture
  7. Add salt and lemon zest (optional) to taste.
Keep refrigerated.  Best served after a few hours, when the flavors have had a chance to combine.

Photo courtesy of Betty Crocker

No comments: